Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup.
You can have Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
- Prepare of beef stock, low sodium.
- You need of water.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of sambal oelek, or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper.
- You need of fish sauce.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- It’s of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s of clam juice, 8oz.
- You need of dried shiitake mushrooms, chopped.
- You need of ginger, 1" and peeled.
- It’s of star anise, (I didn't have one).
- You need of # shrimp, large, peeled and deveined.
- You need of uncooked rice noodles.
- Prepare of bean sprouts.
- Prepare of cut green onions.
- You need of cilantro, fresh.
- Prepare of Lime wedges, on side if desired.
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup instructions
- Combine first 11 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 12 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Remove cinnamon, anise and ginger; discard. Cook noodles according to package; drain. Place 1/2C noodles in each of 4 bowls and top each serving with 1C soup mixture and around 5 shrimp. Sprinkle with even amounts of sprouts, onions, cilantro and basil. Serve. Lime wedges on side if desired..
- Sambal oelek is hot sauce or paste from chile peppers. Substitute star anise with 1/2 tsp chinese 5 spice powder..