Petai With Prawn in Sambal. Here's a simple way to make Petai Sambal With Prawns. Petai, its either you hate it or you love it. It is known for its medicinal purposes and gives an instant energy boost.
So does that makes you want to give Petai a try? If yes, do not skipped this recipe! This ohh-so-delicious Sambal Petai with Prawns recipe is contributed by Mdm Molly Leong, a Perankan home. You can cook Petai With Prawn in Sambal using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Petai With Prawn in Sambal
- It’s of Petai.
- Prepare of Small prawns.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sambal belacan.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
Recipe by Nanyang Express 南洋小厨Course: MainCuisine: Chinese. Add in homemade sambal belacan, asam paste, water and fry evenly until it boils. Add in prawns and onion then water. Simmer to cook until gravy become thick.
Petai With Prawn in Sambal step by step
- Cut petai into half and remove the inner seed. Wash clean in water. Boil the petai in a pot of hot water for 5 minutes to make it softer and set aside..
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in wok and quick stir fry some prawns and set aside. You can marinate the prawns with salt, sugar and some pepper for 20 minutes before cooking..
- Heat up wok with 1 tbsp oil again and stir fry onions till aroma and put in the petai. Toss a few rounds and add in the prawns..
- Add soy sauce, sweet soy sauce and sambal. Stir fry a bit and add in some water and let it boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Ready to serve..
Put in petai at last and stir fry for less than minute. Petai (Parkia speciosa) or 'stink bean' which belongs to the legume family is harvested from tall rainforest trees that can be found in tropical countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. Blanch Petai in hot boiling water- to slightly remove the strong taste from the beans Sambal Petai Prawns. And if you are a lover of spice, you will definitely love our Sambal Petai with Prawns. Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice.